10.06.2010

A Word from Brantley...

I'm a late night party animal. I wake up right when Mommy and Daddy are getting ready to go to bed and then want to stay up partying until the wee hours only to sleep a good portion of the morning.

These last 18 days have definitely been an adjustment. It was a traumatic start to say the least. One minute I was stretching inside of Mommy and the next minute my comfy cushion was gone and Mommy's body was trying evict me. 18 hours later and the doctor was pulling me out and the nice ladies of the hospital were staring at me in amazement and cleaning me off. Then I finally got to see my Mommy & Daddy.

I already have a lot of muscle control with my head and am trying so hard to hold my head up. I think it scares Mommy and Daddy a bit as I love to wiggle and swing my head around like a bobblehead. So far, I love my life and surroundings. I have so many cool toys and things to see. There is my swing, my bouncer, my turtle light and my seahorse and of course my 3 puppies (although only 2 really pay attention to me).

Mommy and Daddy keep taking me to doctor's office. They say I am tongue-tied, but I don't understand. I can cry and scream just fine and I am way too young to be talking just yet, so how can I be tongue-tied? I overheard them talking tonight at dinner and it sounds like Monday I have another Dr. appt. with someone called an ENT and I have to get my tongue cut. I hope it doesn't hurt!

I also am already like Mommy and Daddy. I love going places. I hate my car seat and being strapped in, but I love riding in the car and then my stroller. I love being the center of attention wherever we go. Everyone always comments on me and tells Mommy & Daddy I am cute (I knew I was, but I love hearing it anyway). o far, I have been grocery shopping (man does that take forever), and to places such as Target, Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Mommy's school, the outlets, and of course, the bowling alley. I love going to bowling alley...it reminds me of when I was in Mommy's belly and I tend to snooze while we are there.

On Thursday, I finally get to start hanging out with my new best friend, Mike F. He is going to be watching me part of the week when Mommy goes back to teaching and Daddy is at work. He has puppies similar to mine and there's a girl over there who already calls me Baby Brantley. I'm excited to get to hang with someone else during the day part of the week, and I hear I get Daddy time on Wednesday & Thursday evenings while Mommy is still teaching. I wonder what things Daddy and I will do while Mommy is gone...I think we can be a good duo.

Well I think Mommy is starting to get tired, so time for me to go hangout in my Pack n Play...

No comments: