6.30.2010

Today...

Husby is in sales and budget meetings all week, so I have been solo all day and early evening this week. Today I took advantage of the free schedule and did some errands around town. I managed to go to Walmart, Michael's, Target, Ross and lunched at Panera where I stayed to do some homework and reading.

At Walmart, I was able to get some medicine (Benedryl lotion and medicine), and Aveeno sunscreen for the weekend and scored a deal on a car seat cover for $4. It is one of those covers to put over the baby carrier to block our rain and cool weather when transporting the baby. It is black on one side and fleece on the other, plus it can be used for the stroller too. It is supposedly universal, but just in case I am keeping it with the receipt and when we get the carrier and stroller, I will test drive it. I love how it has a small "hole" or window so you can always see Baby.


 *Fleece Side*


*Black Cover Side*


At Michael's, I got the K's company scrapbook album we have been secretly stalking in gift set with some starter paper and stickers. It was originally $24.99, but then I had a 40% of coupon so total cost was $14.99 before tax. Yay me! I behaved and did not pick up anything else, but cannot wait to start scrapping for the Baby.




Target was a spur of the moment trip, but since it was right across the street from Michael's, I decided to wander in. Since they are doing their inventory, it was a bit scary in the Baby section since the "seasons" are changing, they are starting to clearance things out. May need to go there with MIL to see if they have things cheaper up there or more selection of clearance (mental note made). Then I found an awesome long cotton black dress in the clearance section for $10.98, originally $29.99. It fit nicely and the bump looks good in it, so I snatched it. I am taking it with me this weekend, so you will probably see it in photos (as long as I remember to get some pictures). I also caved and grabbed a bag of animal crackers for our car ride (to hopefully reduce our stop along the drive for bathroom and gas breaks only...we shall see how it goes). For $1, I figured it couldn't hurt.

Ross was an interesting stop. I was totally not planning to go there (way off my travel path), but after my earlier successes and our Marshall's success from Saturday, I figured I better pop in and see if I can find any good deals. I found Husby an Adidas Golf shirt which is super lightweight made of the breathable athletic material he likes for his workout shirts. It is white with blue stripes which match his favorite hat and on sale for $14.99, originally $59.99 (remind you: Adidas...so the name brand marks it up). I wasn't sure if he would truly like it, but when he got home, he promptly tried it on and liked it so much, he decided he is wearing it tomorrow to his meeting. Then I found a cute puppy embroidered sleep sack style onesie for Baby G. It was on clearance for $2.99! Major score!




After all the shopping, I got home and straightened up a bit and started organizing stuff for packing tomorrow. Then something got into me and I cleaned the turtle tank, the cichlid baby tank and started in on the kitchen. I was able to mop the floor and was working on the countertops and appliances when Husby walked in. After he got in and organized and comfortable, he helped me finish the kitchen and then cleaned up the bathtub (leftover cleaning needed from when the dogs all got baths) and I was able to take a relaxing oatmeal bath (was hoping it would relieve some of the itchiness, but alas no luck). I plan to do a thorough top to bottom house cleaning to prepare for Baby G's arrival (and because I know we will have guests in and out and I hate hosting people with a messy house). I may breakdown and get the Shark to get a deep clean on the appliances, floors and flooring, but we shall see if I can score another good deal between now and August.

After the cleaning, Husby and I discussed maybe starting to tackle the kitchen floor since he has the tiles already. It would be a staggered project with him first doing the dining table area and then underneath the fridge since the rest of the kitchen cabinets have not yet been replaced. My only concern is that the rest of the kitchen floor may not be done for a while and before we know it, we will have a crawling, toddling baby on our hands. I guess we will see how adventurous Husby is between now and then, but I truly am over the linoleum flooring. No matter how hard I scrub it or how many times I go over it with the Swifter (wet AND dry), it never looks clean. Plus, ever since we moved in, it has been yellowed due to age and gouged in spots (and we have added more spots with the appliances we have replaced ourselves). Time will tell, I guess.

No comments: