6.30.2010

Third Trimester!

So you read it right...I did not stutter, we have made it to the third trimester! Officially 27 weeks and Baby G is doing good. The itchies are back with a vengence, however. I am continuously putting benedryl on my skin (mostly upper body...chest and belly) and at night I am now taking a benedryl. There is not too much relief, but the NP says that may just be the case for me. After showers, I lather my lotion on and wait a while before applying benedryl to specific spots where there are actual irritation spots.

Other than the itchies, I am still experiencing the odd pain in my groin area. It almost feels like a rode a bicycle or horse a bit too long. Since I had a normal appt. on Monday, I made special note to mention it to her. The NP ran some tests to rule out any UTI or other "treatable" issue. Her only explanation is that it is likely due to the pressure of things shifting and since Baby G likes to ride low (he's a low rider!), the pain may result from it. It almost feels like my pubic bone hurts or like a pulled a muscle. Since my actual OB is on vacation, the NP had wanted to talk it over with another OB and would give me a call today or tomorrow about it. Other than the pain and itchies, things are good with the pregnancy. I passed the 1-hour GD test and at my Monday appt. everything measured fine and my BP was still good. Since they were concerned about a UTI, they did decide to run an extensive panel on me PIC sample, but the quick test came back negative, so we are waiting on the lab results.

Next appointment is 7/13, which is also the day of our Breastfeeding class with the Lactation Consultant in my OB office. The Saturday before 7/10 is our Baby Care Class at the hospital, which will probably be a silly class for us to take, but my friend recommended it. Then on Sundays our Childbirth class starts with the first one on August 1st, and runs for 5 weeks. In those 5-weeks we also will have our Birthing Center Tour of the Hospital and our evening meeting with the Anesthesiologist Staff to clear up questions or concerns. I am looking forward to these classes as it symbolizes Baby G will be here soon.

The nursery is coming along well. We have to submit the final payment for the furniture when we get back from this weekend and then schedule the delivery of the furniture, which I think will fall somewhere between the 14th and the 18th. After that gets done, we can finalize some nursery stuff as to where things go and what not. Game plan is to buy the reminder of things needed for Baby G at the end of August unless there is some awesome sale in early-mid August. My goal is to have the nursery complete by Labor Day (a week and Monday after our last CB class), just to be prepared for Baby G's arrival.

We are taking our last long road trip this weekend to visit Husby's family in the Panhandle. Unless the smell is too terrible, we will hopefully get to see the beach and probably be really say to see the oil. I am looking forward to this trip, but also quite nervous of the long drive and then being on the Gulf with a Hurricane in the waters (but tracked to hit Mexico). We are packing the camera and it is my goal to get some belly shots while we are up there and hanging with the family. When I get back from vacation, I need to remember to contact the photographer and finalize the date of our Maternity Photos. Time is really flying by, but the anticipation and excitement is also starting to mount.

Since we made it to 27 weeks (3rd Tri), I need to establish a new milestone for Baby G. It seems like a jump, but my goal now is 32 weeks. I know his eviction notice is being served on 9/29, no matter what, but OB keeps warning me of early delivery and bumping me up, so I really am not sweating having to be induced. Thankfully, Baby G is cooperating and staying put a while longer. This baby needs to cook a while longer and I am so grateful he is listening. His kicks and movements are definitely more distinct and it is beginning to get interesting feeling him move about. I hopeing to have a relaxing weekend, maybe do some baby shopping with the MIL. Otherwise this weekend is set for relaxing, and homework (unfortunately). No planned projects for the weekend since we will be away, but we are planning a trip to Joann's since we have a great coupon and they have a huge sale. We need to pick up some more fabric to finish some projects.

No comments: