1.15.2009

Week Sum-up

So this week has been sort of interesting, especially since we are experiencing winter right now. It has been pretty chilly for FL weather, but I am sort of enjoying it. Last week I found out I showed up to class to only find out I didn't need to teach, so this week ended up being my first week. My week started off on a rather sour foot. I woke up Monday not feeling well at all and decided between needing to be rested up for teaching the rest of the week and having a doctor's appointment at 4, I would just stay home. Glad I did since I just got worse throughout the day. Greene came home early to go to the doctor with me and with all the traffic we made it to my appointment with a minute to spare (if you know me well, I absolutely hate being late and late people). I guess the doc was having a bad day or it was just real hectic for her, but she was totally confused on what we wanted. It seems the Metaformin is working well (I have had regular cycling and the gap between them is beginning to lessen, so we decided to keep me on that (even if it is reacting to my body and food since I have had less side effects lately...I think my body just needed to adjust). But then she was about to write a script for Clomid and with all the research I have been doing I realized she was heading us down the wrong track. For some reason she had it in her head, we were trying to have a baby like immediately. We quickly changed that and told her we weren't in any rush, when it happens...it happens. I am still holding out on getting pregnant in another year, but whenever we are graced with that joy is fine with us too. It's not that we aren't ready or financially stable...I just want to get my masters first. The rest of the night was pretty plain jane...burritos with the group, one of my coworkers (exchange PhD student from Brazil) stayed overnight by us to fly out the next morning to visit another university, so of course the pups were happy. Tuesday started my classes. I had a Biology II lab in the morning followed by a Biology I lab in the afternoon. Both went pretty smoothly...my Biology I class is all girls except for 1 boy (boy is he lucky!). Wednesdays classes are pretty quiet/ timid. I hope for my own sanity they liven up a bit as I think they may drive me insane if they stay so quiet. I have one more class tonight to teach, so hopefully they will be a lively bunch seeing that late classes make me tired. The only problem I am having so far with my classes is the lack of respect some of them give me when they first meet me. I mean I know I am young (and look it too!), but I am a pretty great teacher and will work with anyone to get them to understand the material and succeed in my class. I had students in my Wednesday night saying how they hate "new" teachers (technically am not new as I taught last semester, but it is my first year) and they always get screwed by new teachers...yada, yada, yada. What made me feel better is that I have 2 students from the classes I subbed for a few last semester taking it with me and excited to have me as a teacher since they felt more comfortable with my teaching style and such. I hope the other ones calm down and work with me so this semester is fun.
Now that I am working/ teaching until 9pm 2 nights a week, Greene is really getting motivated to do house projects while I am away. Last night I came home to an organized garage, he repainted and repaired the dryer so it looks brand new (the old machine works great, just needed a little paint job) and set things up so he can continue to do the crown molding. I hope this streak continues for him and he also uses the time to spend with his friends or bowl with the money league he seems to want to.

Hope everyone has a good remainder of the week and weekend!

No comments: