1.05.2009

Holiday Break

So after a wonderful holiday break, it is now time to go back to the humdrum of my typical work week. I start teaching again on Wednesday (so instead of 5 classes normally; this week I only have 3 to teach....Tuesdays start a week behind). Looking forward to a new group of students, not so sure I'm ready to hear all the excuses and complaints but we shall see.

Break was good. Christmas was nice and low-key at our house with my mom and New Year's was simple and low-key up in Pcola. We were able to conquer some projects but I still have a bunch of needlework to work on (and will keep me busy all this year). We painted all but the back of the house the new chocolate color and did the blue trim everywhere in the front. We ended up running out of paint for the stucco so we will probably be running out next weekend to finish it. The blue trim looks really sharp against the brown and it makes the house look more open and inviting.

Not too much planned for the week between working, teaching and catchup of errands from being away. Eventually we need to work on taking down and putting away all the Christmas decor, but right now I am loving it too much. The big game is on Thursday evening (hopefully class doesn't run too far over), so I am looking forward to watching the Gators chomp the Sooners.

Guess that is all for now. Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: