11.12.2008

Lazy Wednesday

Here it is a quiet Wednesday at work, so figured it was as good time as any to blog. We had a pretty quiet, uneventful weekend of football, scrapping and errands. Finished our mom's presents for Christmas so now it's the rest of the families. I am aiming to be done with Christmas shopping by my birthday this year so I am not stressing. Since we are going to my mom's for Thanksgiving (my aunt and uncle from NJ and cousins will be down as well), we are staying home for Christmas and as of right now my mom is coming down. We may also see my other aunt and uncle while my mom is down since they live right outside Orlando. Now that brings up the whole decorating conundrum. Michael finally agreed to help me decorate (since we will be here this year) for Christmas. The tree will go up after Thanksgiving and we'll decorate it and then do some light decorating around the house (nothing too crazy). I am going to try and find the time to make a wreath but other than that, whatever decorations we have is what we will be using. I want to get some of Michael's childhood ornaments for our tree or else the tree is going to look funny with all my little kid ornaments and some of "our" ornaments. Plus with my mom coming that means I need to totally clean the house and straighten it up. Oh how I love the holidays!

This week has been a bit hectic with our weekly plans (burritos, bowling, etc.) and then one of our friends, Paul, is coming for the weekend. SO again being the semi-perfectionist, I feel the urge to clean the house for his arrival on Friday. We use our guest bathroom tub mostly for the turtles and washing the dogs, so it needs to be cleaned a bit. Thankfully it's only Paul :) . Weekend plans are looking like Howl Saturday night, and being that the group is mostly guys the rest of the weekend is in the air. I'm hoping for some quietness and time to work on the scrapbooks, but we'll see.

No comments: