9.17.2010

Live from Labor & Delivery...

So, this morning I woke up at 6:20 when my alarm clock started going off. I got out of bed and felt a warm rush and by the time I was in the bathroom, my water had broken. Quikc shower, phone calls to the doctor, our moms and last minute packing and we were on the road to the hospital.

After checking in, we found I was leaking (like it wasn't obvious with the geyers that was occurring), but am only 1 cm dilated. Since my water had broken, I was admitted. They started the IV lines and did their initial paperwork and bloodwork. My fluids are dripping in now, along with a dosage of Penicillin since I had tested positive on an earlier Strep test (ealry urine test). Since my water is broken and I have only progressed to 1cm, they also administered Pitocin to start the contractions stronger and cause my dilation to progress.

We've been here since about 7:30am and so far things are good. The contractions are definitely stronger and very painful, but otherwise I am comfortable and feeling good.

Husby did my hair...can you tell?

No comments: