1.26.2009

Rambles...

It was definitely a long weekend and not necessarily in a bad way. Friday (post work) started rocky with a co-worker (and not a friend) called me screaming at me because I didn't remember to send her an email with the temperature data for one of the freezers in the lab downstairs. First off, I offered to d/l the data for my other coworker while she finished something off and she told me to email it to her when I had a chance. Second, this was at 4:15pm when I leave at 4:30. Third, I got sidetracked and helped my friend finish what she was doing so she could get out of work on time. Fourth, never once did this other coworker ask for the data. Fifth, if she was THAT worried, why doesn't she just go d/l the data herself? Ugh! And then she pretty much bitches me out because it's 5 o'clock on a Friday she "supposedly" needed the data ASAP because she was worried about her antibodies being ruined had the freezer had a major thaw down and wanted to make sure she had working antibodies for her experiment and if they were damaged she could reorder new ones from the CDC in time for her experiment. (OK we are in FL and the CDC's we work with are either in Atlanta, GA-same time zone as us or CO-2-3 hours behind us) ::Turns out she really didn't need the data until Monday morning to order new ones possibly from the CDC in CO and she told my friend she wanted the temp data early Monday morning:: OK hello? I get to work around 8:30-9am most mornings, therefore it's like before 6am in CO, so why the drama scene? I hate stupid people. Meanwhile she called me on my personal cell phone and was a complete bitch and I was 10 minutes from my house and there was no way I would turn around and drive the hour back to the lab, just to open the door so she could have that file. After that, my blood was boiling and I was a bit snappy to Greene, although he completely understood. We eventually got going on our Friday night errands of stops at the dive shop (so he can get his BC and my regulator fixed before our anniversary trip) and then a few other surf shops to find Greene a "shortie" wet suit for year-round diving and surfing. Three shops later he found one that fit and it was off to dinner at Olive Garden (OK, totally not supposed to be eating out a lot but lately been craving OG pasta). I had their mezzaluna and sausage entree (very good!) and Greene got his favorite fettuccine alfredo. We had leftovers for work this week so that was a bonus. Saturday, we installed the new concrete walkway and of course Greene over counted so we have 6 bags of concrete to return to the store. It looks good and he even leveled it so there are no lips or steps involved. After working on that almost all day, we kind of just lounged around that night. I wrote my grad essay and we caught up on TV. Sunday was uneventful. We got some errands done and the weekly grocery shopping adventure. Greene found a pizza stone he wanted and some other odds and ends at Bed, Bath and Beyond. He says he will be making homemade pizza this week, so I am looking forward to the night I come home to fresh made pizza after a long day of work and teaching. I bowled pretty well this week, 133, 152, 119 and so my average (121) may go up a bit more. We are doing pretty well as a team (6th as of last night) and we are starting to win more points (3/4 last night...when we usually only get 1 or 2) so hopefully we will climb to the top. It's all fun, so really place does not matter. I'm going home tonight to hopefully a relaxing night with some quick errands and then home to watch TV and work on the Advent calendar, I hope.

Have a great day!

No comments: