11.24.2008

SWD #2

Read other daybooks at The Simple Woman.

For Today...
Monday November 24th , 2008

Outside my window...the trees are waving and the sky is blue. A nice autumnal day here in Florida.

I am thinking...Oh my! so much to do tonight after work. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Thanksgiving and I still have a checklist a mile long.

I am thankful for...gas prices below $2/gallon this week so this trip isn't as expensive as we had expected.

From the kitchen...Leftovers/ steamed vegetables tonight, On the road food (probably McDonald's (since that is Michael's favorite spot to stop and their restrooms are almost always the best) Tuesday night, Southern BBQ meal in SC with the family Wednesday night, Thanksgiving dinner Thursday of brown sugar cured ham, oven turkey (although I want to try to convince my mom to try a deep-fried turkey since they tend be less dry), homemade gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet corn and peas, turnips, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce and Michael's pumpkin pie and Jan's apple crisp...I'm sure there are dishes I am missing, but just thinking about dinner makes my mouth water, Friday and Saturday are probably going to be dinner outs since thanksgiving leftovers will be lunches.

I am wearing...typical Monday workday...jeans and t-shirt (my blue TriBeta one) with my Reefs (flip-flops)

I am reading...the new Patterson book (Sail) and around Christmas I will need to re-so my lesson plans for next semester's labs and get a headsup.

I am hoping...for an easy, howless drive tomorrow and that it only takes us 8.5 hours this time and that the puppies go to sleep after the first hour.

I am creating...well catching up on the ceramic pieces for my mom's nativity that I started when I was a child and just recently found tucked in the craft closet of my own house. I cannot imagine it got boxed up and moved from my childhood house to my own house without me knowing it was there.

I am hearing...music from the online radio playing in the background.

Around the house... do the laundry, pack our suitcase, pack all the extra stuff (dog's stuff, car stuff, books, etc.), set-up the feeders for the 2 turtle tanks, 3 fish tanks and over water the big turtles, feed the gerbil a little extra for while we are away. I also need to clean out the fridge and pack the truck tonight so I can prevent us from forgetting anything...oh what a night lies ahead.

One of my favorite things...decorating for Christmas (we pulled everything out yesterday and so when we get back next week, we can set the tree up and decorate it)

A few plans for the rest of the week...traveling to my mom's, Festival of Trees, Aquarium, some Christmas ornaments/decor and scrapbooking shopping with my cousin, aunt and mom on Wednesday (while the men are golfing), Thanksgiving with the family on Thursday, relaxing and spending time with family until we drive back on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... What the truck's backseat is going to look like on Tuesday.

Have a good Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments: