11.19.2008

Chilly autumn in Florida



So today has been another quiet day at work. It is still pretty chilly outside and supposed to last through the week and into the weekend. I hope it is warmer where we're going for the holidays or else I may be out scouring the stores for sweatshirts and jackets for the puppies since they currently whine and refuse to go outside in this cool weather.

I have been slowly trying to make this my own by changing some of the images and backgrounds, but guess I will need to employ some help from the computer gurus and do some more online help searching. If anyone has suggestions or ideas, please let me know.



Last night, Michael and I spent the evening (after burritos) searching the 3 craft stores around our town for the Bacilla felt kits for Christmas. Michael's hasn't carried them in years, Joanne's is selling them 50% off so they were wiped clean and Walmart is discontinuing their fabric/arts section so they have no Christmas crafts as of yesterday. So back to the ol' faithful computer I went and found them kits I wanted on Joanne's online and purchased them. So now I have a tree skirt and an advent calendar kit coming way. And to make things better, I got them on sale, both 50% off and because they are sponsors of Upromise I saved another 6% towards our loan debt or possible grad school fees. Upromise is an amazing thing...I am starting to like how you can earn rewards by doing some of the simplest things (grocery shopping, gassing the car, ordering presents, paying bills, get quotes for various things).



We also picked out all the necessary supplies to make a wreath for the front door and a centerpiece for the kitchen table for Christmas. Once I have them completed (and find the time and camera) I will post some pictures. Things are settling in nicely. I am starting to get the itch to go to South Carolina, so hoopefully the next 5 days pass quickly.

No comments: