10.28.2008

If it's not one thing; it's another...

After months of feeling sick, experiencing excruicating pain, numerous tests that got no where, doctor and hospital visits, and a physcian telling me to wait out and see what happens and go back on BC, I finally have a diagnosis for what's been going on. Thankfully, after a great recommendation from our realtor friend, I went and saw a Doctor in the area for my problematic cycle and pain and got diagnosed with PCOS, polycystic ovary syndrome. It turns out all my symptoms fit this syndrome to a T and now after getting my cycle medically induced, I will start a medication called Metformin to help regulate my body's hormone and insulin levels to combat the cysts that have developed all over my ovaries. The hospital visit turned out was after I had a cyst rupture (even though my other doctor never once mentioned I had cysts). I'm glad to finally had a diagnosis and a future plan to take care of this illness so I stop feeling so miserable and in pain. Hopefully the medicine doesn't have too bad of side effects. In terms of our future plans for a family and such, this medication will also help in planning that someday. If I had listened to my old doctor (after meeting the first one and getting her diagnosis I quickly cancelled all further appts. with the original one), I would continue to not ovulate causing greater issues later on. We are not planning to have children at the moment, rather taking it one day at a time and seeing what happens and when it happens on its own. Besides I already feel like I have 3 babies in my house with 3 dogs we have...all the whining they do :). I know some people reading this are interested in how the PCOS and Met go, so I will keep you'll posted via here as well.

Weekend recap: Amazing Gator game...Kentucky got whomped BAD! tons of scrapbooking and continuing to scrapbook like crazy since it's getting cooler and I still don't feel well. Hoping to get back to running soon,but may not happen with the cold weather and all creeping in. Halloween is Friday...looks like it'll be a quiet night home, scrapping and relaxing with the puppies. The dogs have costumes (L-prisoner, R- policewoman, S-lobster) to wear, but Mike and I are not getting into it. We'll just hand our candy to the local kids and relax. Bowling has been eventful lately. Lots of people getting all uptight about stuff...but oh well, whatever. I bowled a 149, 138 and 180 (avg is only a 116). Guess the new bowl really is working out great. It's a quiet Tuesday at work, hence all the blogging today, and I refuse to finish the exam making. I forgot to mention I also teach now at the local college (still working at the lab doing mosquito ecology and infectious diseases, now also teaching biology labs in my spare time at the local college). Time to head home for burrito night with Michael and the rest of the guys. Hope everyone else is well.

No comments: