4.19.2012

Job Search & Possible new changes

So this past Tuesday, Husby had another interview. Because it was my day off and I had errands I wanted to run in the area for my bows and it is almost 2 hours away from our house, B and I tagged along. This is an oil & gas company, so market is good for them, they are continuing to grow and will be building an R & D plant soon and are looking to replace someone who left them to become an astronaut (I'm not kidding). We drove up, stopped for lunch at Panera and then dropped Husby to his interview. B and I went on a whirlwind shopping adventure within a 2 mile square of shopping centers. I was able to score some good sales and deals, so all in all it was a good shopping trip...B was a bit of a handful (especially since I am still not supposed to be lifting him...yea good luck on that 1 while I am by myself with him).

It seemed the interview went well and after picking Husby up, we stopped at the mall to let B burn off some steam and grab a drink before the drive home. Fast forward to this morning and Husby gets an email from the company HR person asking when he could be available to meet with 1 other Senior Engineer (meanwhile he has met with like 4-5 other engineers/managers/etc. of this company) since this Engineer always interviews potential new engineers....I take this as a good sign...so now we wait to schedule this interview (this guy travels A LOT...and is currently traveling). Fingers continue to be crossed he makes it through this interview as glowing as he has already been and they offer him a job in the next week or so.

Now this is all fantastic, but remember in the beginning I said this company is located 2 hours away, this leads to a huge predictament....

To move or not to move...that is the question?

Husby & I started discussing the possibilities on the drive home...and I think we came to the conclusion we would move up north closer to the company, but not until I finished my teaching commitments for the Summer (at least Summer 1)...that way we have time to find a place, fix-up/sell/rent our current home and I don't leave my job abruptly....

We also decided (well, sortof) that we would look for a fixer-upper; either a newer house that just needs some updating/TLC or an older house that would be a "project" house....and knowing me, I already started looking and found 3 in the first category and 1 in the second category...oh and I love them all...

But then the other shoe drops, if we were to move (and if Husby's new salary would cover mine), I would probably not work until I finished grad school(again!) and focus on school & the side business and of course raising B and "holding down the fort". B will also probably get signed up for part-time EarlyVPK or some other educational program for part of the day during the week to allow me time for schoolwork/craft work...

Like I said, A LOT to think about....now we wait to see how things play out....please say an extra prayer and keep your fingers (and toes!) crossed from Husby & I as we wait and see our new adventure...

No comments: