9.16.2011

All Quiet on the Home Front...for now

This weekend (Sunday to be exact) we will celebrate Brantley turning 1! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone, but I am so excited for his first birthday. Next weekend, we will celebrate with our family & friends in a Winnie the Pooh themed party. This weekend we will be more low-key with just a small cupcake and candle and some gifts. I still have his Bib, Party Hat & Shirt to finish, but they are all close to completion so I am no longer stressing. Other than these 3 sewing projects, everything (but food prep & the cake pops) is done for his party. Supermom pulled it off, amazingly.

Gators play their first SEC game tomorrow against Tennessee. I'm looking forward to this game since it should be a slight indication of how strong the team is, but nervous to see the outcome. We have a busy Saturday as usual. Husby has youth bowling to coach, I need to run to the fabric store for a last minute substitution on B's party hat, then we have to finish ordering food for the party, then off to Otown so Husby can pick up a new pair of Vans (shoes), and then we are planning to meet up with my Uncle to watch the game.

Sunday (B's actual birthday), we have some routine errands & food shopping to conquer and then a friend is throwing a party for her son's 2nd birthday at their house so we will probably pop over for a bit. Bowling league in the evening and dinner with friends to end the night.

On Thursday what family that is coming into town for B's birthday should be arriving. Although a little disappointed that Husby's mom & husband cannot be here, but my mom & her boyfriend and Husby's sister are going to be here. After the party, SIL (Husby's sister) and I will start looking for apartments for her and get her all the information to get her registered for classes since she will be moving down by us by November of this year.

Hopefully in the next few weeks, our holiday plans will be finalized. I think at this point we are going to South Carolina for Thanksgiving & Christmas and then Michigan for New Year's since Husby's cousin is getting married and Husby is in the wedding (as a groomsman). We spent a few days at Pcola in July and for me, I think that was enough....way too much stress and drama and possibly because I was not feeling well, I just did not enjoy my time there (which I have not enjoyed my time there the previous 2 times there). Nothing is set in stone yet,so we'll see what ends up happening.

No comments: