9.07.2010

Understanding...Life & Motherhood

We had another appointment this morning. They did the normal routine stuff: blood pressure, urine check, weight, and belly measurement. Then we had a quick ultrasound to make sure Baby G was still head down and in a good position (which he is) and then we got to hear the heartbeat (once again, nice and strong). We reach 37 weeks this week, meaning less than 21 days until Baby G's arrival. So far there has been little progress in terms of my body, even though I have been experiencing the back pain and strong contractions. The contractions are not at regular intervals as of yet, so looks like we will be facing an induction.

After extensive research and talks with the doctor, I am not concerned with this end-point alternative, but I really wish Baby G decides to come out on his own. It sure feels like he is trying to headbutt and force himself out, but looks like my body is fighting him. Thankfully our immediate families are super supportive (the same cannot be said for some members of my extended family), but looks like we will actually have an Eviction Date, so both grandmoms will have a relaxing drive South for his arrival. I am beyond sick of the comments from some of my extended family, but at this point, I have learned to ignore them since they are under-educated and irresponsible...and because the "research" they keep using is outdated and not true research studies given the test groups and survey data. I just wish she would shut her mouth and stop giving me her opinion and advice, but then again I just need to stop reading it, LOL.

It truly is sad to see someone acting irresponsible, and not taking care of their child when there are so many couples who deserve a child and cannot be blessed with one. I always believed God will grant you what he feels you deserve, but recently we have seen some acquaintances who have lost children or their chance at a child, while we have seen some others who have been blessed with a child only to push the responsibility and care of the child off on their parents or siblings instead. Then turn around and play the blame game and pity party when they do not get their way...I mean seriously? Thankfully we also have seen some acquaintances get their wish, so that is definitely a positive to mention. And of course, we were granted our blessing...

With three weeks or so left until our life changes we are enjoying our last few moments as a couple before we become a family of 3. Everything is pretty much organized, cleaned, stocked, and purchased for Baby G's arrival, so now we enter the "waiting game". I am still bowling and bowling pretty well with this bump. I wonder how things will change once he arrives, but that is really not a worry at this point, more of a curious point. I am now searching for ideas for Halloween since it falls on a Sunday and we have bowling league and dinner with friends always, but will probably push it off until closer to Halloween to find a cute onesie since it is unknown what size he will be wearing. The same is said for the wedding we have to attend a few weeks before Halloween, in terms of a "nice" outfit. We each have one more sewing project to finish before Baby G's arrival and hopefully we will get them completed before, especially since we want to use the craft table to set-up our Halloween Village. I really want to decorate for Halloween, but not sure we will find the time and/or energy to do it with everything else happening.

The idea of traveling with a newborn has started to enter our brains recently as well, since at Christmastime, he will only be 3 months or so. Thanksgiving is probably going to be very low-key and around here since I will have a lot of schoolwork and Husby will have grad school stuff to be concerned with. Besides we want to travel for Christmastime, so we are conserving until then. At this point, we also are thinking of making this Christmas very low-key as well and make next Christmas Baby G's "big" Christmas since it will be more memorable for him (hopefully the moms agree). I also think we will try to knock out more of the home remodeling (aka Kitchen remodel) this year. Besides rumor has it, one of my cousins and spouse may be trying for a trip south next Christmas, so it will be great to see them and have a Southern Christmas with them and our other extended families around here and have the moms visit us.

In other news, it is the end of Week 2 of my grad class, and things are going well so far. I am trying to stay ahead of the schedule, but it is difficult to get too far ahead since most of the recent assignments have been discussions where I must interact daily with my colleagues. Eight more weeks and then I am officially done and Greene starts on his grad school journey....

No comments: