6.15.2010

Weekend Update

So this weekend was hectic, yet relaxing at the same time. Husby bowled in the State Tournament. He did bowl over 600 series, so he was happy, but unfortunately the conditions of the lanes were not ideal. We are too sure he will place in anything, but he did win some side bet money, so that is always a plus. We had a great weekend at the tournament with some really awesome friends and are looking forward to future adventures (with baby in tow).

Here is a picture recap of the weekend:

Southgate Plaza
a random shopping center that looked like it belonged back in the 50's or 60's
Beautiful architecture however

Modern stores, not so modern store fronts and marquees

McDonald's
Probably an original sign

Husby looking awesome in his Green Shirt

His Bowling Team for the Tournament

The Entire Shores Team (early squad, late squad, spectators)

Husby and I decided we are going to bowl one more tournament together before Baby G arrives. It is a charity event for Breast Cancer held across the state near Cypress Gardens. Day 1 is a mixed doubles tournament where we have to bowl 3 games together and Day 2 is a women's only singles tournament with a unique format. I have to bowl 5 games on 5 different pairs of lanes. I am really looking forward to the experience of yet another tournament and spending a weekend away from "homebase". It also will be the first time Husby and I have bowled in a tournament together. We bowl league together and do well, but typically we bowl tournaments separate of one another (I bowled the women's county tournament with one of my girl friends, he bowled the state tournament with the guys). It should also be fun to attend this tournament since there is no pressure for ranks and a decent amount of proceeds get donated to a Breast Cancer fundraiser. Plus, the tournament sessions are early, so we will have the rest of the day to explore the area and relax and we are going over with a few of our bowling friends, so we can get some down time.

After Thursday of this week, I will be a pseudo stay-at-home. I am not fully a mom yet, so I cannot take that designation, but I will not be working for the rest of June, July and the beginning of August until classes start up again. Instead, I am hoping to focus on getting all my grad school work done, preparing things for Baby G's arrival (nursery projects, decorating, cleaning, straightening, organizing, etc.) and keeping up with my gym routine. Then in August (depending on when Baby G makes his arrival), I will return to teaching while finishing my final grad class and keep teaching until the doctor says no more or Baby G arrives. I am really looking forward to the break, but both Husby and I are nervous I will burnout at home quickly as I am not a homebody at all. We do have the tournament weekend away, July 4th festivities and then some visitors and all the baby classes to mix up the monotony, but we shall see. Only time will tell.

No comments: