3.09.2010

A Peek into Me

Since I am stuck home today (and inside due to a brush fire nearby which is making the air outside make me sick & there is ash snow falling around the house), I decided to steal this short survey from another blogger, Mrs.Trophy Wife.

1. What are your middle names?
Elizabeth


2. How long have you been together?
We've been together for 4 years and 4 months. We just celebrated 2 years of marital bliss last Monday.


3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Since our freshman year of college, so approximately 3 years.

4. Who asked who out?
It was definitely a mutual agreement. Not sure either one of us asked the other out.

5. How old are each of you?
Well I'm 26, but Hubby turns 26 in April

6. Did you go to the same school?
The same college, yes.

7. Are you from the same home town?
No. I'm originally from NY and he is originally from IA.

8. Who is the smartest?
I think we are evenly matched. I have my blonde moments, but for the most part I know my stuff.

9. Who majored in what?
He majored in Mechanical Engineering and I double majored in Marine Biology & Aquaculture for our undergrad degrees. I am currently completing my Master's in Higher Education Instruction and hopefully in the next year he will be able to choose a Master's program to start.

10. Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me, between being pregnant and being a girl. I tend to cry and take things personal often.

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? FL to NY when we were dating and then FL to IA a few times to visit family.

12. Who has the worst temper?
I throw the temper tantrums, but he can lose his control when he is tired or not feeling well.

13. How many children do you want?
I think we are settled on 3, but we will be happy with whatever God decides for us.

14. Who does the cooking?
Mainly, Hubby because I hate to cook and hate the smell of meat cooking. I usually also get home the latest, so he usually makes something while he waits for me to get home. Occasionally I whip something up, but it is rarely a 9-course affair.

15. Who is more social?
Depends, if I am avoiding homework, term papers, grading exams or projects, I am super social and want to get out of the house and do something or hang with our friends. We were both super social throughout college and he definitely is tighter with his friends that live around here since most of mine have moved to other states.

16. Who is the neat freak?
Definitely me. I hate a disaster. I usually let Hubby make his disaster and then I follow behind him and clean it up (he gets mad at me all the time). It is only when I get a real bug in me do I go on a super clean freak cleaning spree.

17. Who is the most stubborn?
We both are super stubborn. Our disagreements usually come about due to our stubbornness and it takes a bit to settle since we are so stubborn.

18. Who wakes up earlier?
Hubby hands down during the week and we tend to both wake up together on the weekends. I am definitely not a morning person.

19. Where was your first date?
First date was probably to Steak-n-Shake or a movie night at his place. Our official first date was a Hockey Game.

20. Who has the bigger family?
Hubby. He has a brother and a sister, and I'm an only child. His extended family is also a lot bigger than mine.

21. Do you get flowers often?
As often as he can get to the florist and she has pink carnations or lilies. He is great at bringing home flowers on Fridays and special occasions such as our anniversary, Valentine's Day, etc.

22. How do you spend the holidays?
We usually split them between the families. We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with friends, but otherwise we split Christmas, New Year's, and Thanksgiving between my mom's, his mom's and my aunt/uncle that we are close with that live an hour away. If it works out, we sometimes divide minor holidays (Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th) between the Moms, especially if there is a long weekend included.

23. Who is more jealous?
I do not think either of us is really jealous of the other. We are both comfortable in our skins, and our relationship. I was always taught that a relationship needs to be built on a solid ground, so I do not worry about other girls and I don't think he worries about other guys.

24. How long did it take to get serious?
I think we were serious from the start. We got engaged a year later and married another year and half later. We knew what we wanted in a relationship and we grew strong together through some tough situations we both had to face early in our relationship.

25. Who eats more?
Now me, but it's because I am pregnant. Otherwise it is Hubby. He is truly a bottomless pit.

26. What do you do for a living?
I teach college biology at a local state college and do research for a large state university part-time. Hubby is a mechanical engineer who works on designing new products and fixes the plant's problems. He also travels to his customers to fix their problems.

27. Who does the laundry?
We share the responsibility. He typically sorts it for me and we work together to transfer and move the laundry between the machines. I typically hang up the special care clothes, but we fold all the laundry together. It is a great time to bond and it makes a boring task more fun. Sometimes he completely does it or I completely do it depending on who is home and has time to do it or needs something desperately.

28. Who's better with the computer?
Definitely Hubby. I had a meltdown yesterday when some weird line appeared in my paper and would not go away. After Hubby looked at it and tinkered with the computer for a bit, it was all fixed. He knows how to fix most things in the house.

29. Who drives when you are together?
Usually Hubby. We always take the truck, and so he always drives. I think it's a habit. When we travel, we share the drive most times.

30. What is your song?
Our first dance was Shania Twain's From This Moment On.We hear a lot songs that remind us of each other, so music is important to us.

No comments: