1.26.2010

Bloodwork for Baby

Bloodwork to calculate my levels and determine my risk level and how far along the pregnancy is was this morning. It took forever. First the lab was busy, so we waited to get to admissions, then they said they did not have my paperwork and we would have to wait until the doctor's office opened (in 40 minutes), then I called the office when they opened to get them to rush the fax script over, then we had to wait for the fax to come, then we had to wait for the nurse to come available to see us, then wait for a room to be open, and then they finally took the blood (1 vial). It took a few to get the vial because my veins were not cooperating and because of my fainting possibility, so the technician laid me down and tried to get a vein in either arm. She gave up with my left and went back to my right and finally got it to appear. I was suppose to go into work, but there is nothing for me to do and I am not supposed to be in the BL-3 in my condition, so I am home chilling. The doctor's office should get my results in another hour and then hopefully they will call with the results since it was labelled STAT and we will go from there. I am beginning to get excited, but know if this does not work out, at least we can be preparing for the next go round.

No comments: