10.26.2009

Weekend Musings

So this was by far a good weekend in our house. Friday, after a LONG day of teaching, Husby and I decided to go do some "fun" errands together. He bought a motorcycle helmet and gloves so when he gets the bike painted he can ride it "safely". We then headed to the mall, because we had to fill in some gaps in our wardrobes. *Interesting Husby Fact # 1: My husband has an addiction to Adidas deodorant and cologne and will only wear them.* Too bad for him, they discontinued making deodorant about a year or so ago, so he is down to his last stick from his stockpile and will soon have to venture into the blue yonder we all call the common deodorants. *Interesting Husby Fact # 2 (that so goes along with # 1): My husband will only wear Quicksilver boxers and states every other brand does not fit right or is too short, etc. etc. Too bad for him (once again), Quicksilver boxers are very difficult to find now that there is no outlet in Foley for him to shop at. So Friday, after tackling the helmet and gloves, we decided we should work on the boxers issue (or else I will be forced to do laundry every 3-4 days) as his drawers are dwindling due to wear. So we went to the mall, I got my energy drink of a fruit smoothie and we first went in search of a Halloween Costume idea for both him and I (No luck!). Then it was to Macy's to look for boxers. Of course we walked through the women's section, so we had to stop and look at what was on sale/clearance so I could fill in my fall/winter dress clothes. There is one particular sales lady who always works on Friday evenings and she was there and saw us. Of course at this point, Husby had already picked out a bunch of clothes he thought would be cute on me, so his hands were full of clothes and he was still "shopping the racks" for me. Well, sales lady sees us and makes a comment to another shopper she was conversing with about us.
Sales lady: Oh, nice to see you all. (to other shopper) Isn't is nice that she (me) has her own personal shopper (Husby)?
Of course, I thought it was hilarious, and laughed a little.
Other shopper: Oh is this a friend or boyfriend?
Me: Oh, he's my husband...he just has a great eye for deals and my professional wardrobe.

I ended up buying almost everything he picked out for me and did not feel guilty racking up a slight shopping bill since it was all great deals and necessary apparel pieces. When we were down scouring the racks and trying everything on, we then went on to tackle his shopping issue: Mission Boxers. Everything there was not to his criteria (too, short, too tight, too stiff, no button, too big of an opening, etc.), so we left  the Men's Apparel and went pack and purchased my clothes. As we were leaving Macy's for the car:

Me: I think they thought you were gay, Hun?
Husby: So? Is it that strange that I like to go clothes shopping with my wife?
Me: Well, no. But most men wish to stay home and watch sports while their wives rack up a huge shopping debt.
Husby: At least if I go, I can keep you from spending too much.
Me: Are you kidding? Who picked out most of tonight's damage?
Husby: Well, I did, but you did save a lot and you got a lot of nice clothes.
Me: True, but still she called you my personal shopper. ::Laughs:::

After Macy's we had to go look at Ross:
a) so I could find cute Halloween and Christmas things on sale...
b) so we could pick up a few different kinds of boxer brands for Husby to try (Calvin Klein, Jockey, Nike, Adidas, Hanes etc.)..
c) because I love these types of stores when in search of killer deals on things like home goods and dressy clothes.

Saturday we spent mostly at home, watching Gator football, working on projects around the house and me doing my homework. Had a good home cooked dinner of steak, sweet potato (for me), baked potato (for Husby). Sunday, we continued our trend of shopping for deals and hit Kohl's to look for clothes for Husby and I found their clearance home decor area. I found a cute Halloween runner for our *new* table (it still has not been delivered) and coordinating placemats for Halloween. I cannot wait until they put their Christmas things on sale. They have a cute runner, placemats and dishes I want, but refuse to pay full price for. After Kohl's we knocked out our food shopping and went to Lowe's to fix the Guest room Tray I bought a few weeks ago (bought glass to replace the missing piece). After we got home, Husby skimmed through the flyers and saw the HHGreg ad we have been waiting for. They were finally offering their "Cash for Clunkers" type deal on appliances, so we went and bought our new energy-star fridge and it will be delivered on Wednesday (Husby gets to wait for the deliverymen since I am teaching). According to Husby, the new one will fit where the old one currently is. Otherwise, looks like we may be redoing the kitchen in 2010.

I cannot wait until our new Loveseat, Dining Table & Chair Set and Fridge get delivered. I hope the furniture comes before Husby's mom and husband visit (2 weeks away). It will be nice to have the house organized again.

No comments: